Monday 22 March 2010

The new French Connection Look Book - yum.

So now to what my post was supposed to be about today - The S/S 10 French Connection Look Book. Now I picked up my copy in the Southampton store last week, and couldn't resist having a flick through whilst in store. And I can tell you that it actually made me quite excitable! The book is presented in a simply gorgeous way - very French Connection; simple, huge on images and small on writing (which works for me as all I need to know is the price to be honest. Anything else just distracts me)



Each double page spread features one page with just a picture of the model, and the page opposite then features S/S items - either displayed in several 'looks' or seperately with accessories. The information given includes the product name, price, colour ways and sizes available.



Each page featuring just the model has a slogan, which I found interesting to flick through and read, and made it different from every other ad campaign. As to whether it summed up the French Connection customer I am unsure, but I'm an FC customer and I liked it all the same.

The book was for both men and women - depending on which way round you started, I obviously started with the women section, and this is how it was displayed in store. But turn it round and flip it over and you have the mens section;



The female and male model are being used in all advertising campaigns; from the Look Book, to the website and videos available, to magazine ads. I have found myself liking this much more than say Topshop who, it seems to me, use a million different models each season. I feel using the same one or two gives it continuity, and when I see an advert I automatically relate it to the brand, and the other adverts I have seen for it.

So all in all, good job French Connection. Nice items inside the Look Book too!

No comments:

Post a Comment