Monday 22 March 2010

Oh River Island, you've wasted all your hard work.

Morning (just) ladies and gents! Now I was going to publish a post on French Connection's beautiful Look Book now in store - but that will have to wait for a minute. I have just been on Facebook, as we all do every morning I'm sure, and River Island have posted their 'Favourite Just Arrived Pieces This Week' and they are HORRIBLE. I'm not just saying this as they do not suit my personal taste, I am pretty sure that it will be the general consensus that these new items are awful. And so 90s River Island. Please observe;



Is River Island back to being 'chavvy'? With these new items I certainly think so. It even hurts me to say new, as they look as if they've been lurking in the store cupboard of a cheap poundland-type-store for years on end. It's such a shame after last season - A/W 09 had some BEAUTIFUL pieces, and now they're offering this!

Neither the dress or skirt seem on trend, and I'm waiting to see chavtastic 14 year old girls with wet perms wearing them, they are not remotely appropriate for Spring/Summer. And I can't even begin to try and explain the shoes or think of the reason behind selling them at this 'brand'.

Even the comments posted on the River Island Facebook page following this post are not that great, with negative comments such as;

"I don't really like any of these, they're not original, definatly 'copy-cat'"
"Dont like any of it :("
"the shoes are awful !"

And these comments are coming from River Island's core customer base, those who have taken the time to sign up to their Facebook page.

Maybe time for a rethink if they want to try and compete with brands such as Topshop and All Saints?

No comments:

Post a Comment