Tuesday 20 April 2010

Topshop Make-up Range = Excited!

Whilst flicking through the May edition of Elle magazine I got extremely excited upon arriving at this page inparticular...



(Beautifully scanned in, may I add)

The article details make-up artist Hannah Murray busily creating plans for the forthcoming Topshop Unique show. She has collaborated with Topshop to create a new make-up range for the brand. However it doesn't actually state anywhere in the article when the range will be on-sale...quite annoying!

The article details several products that will be on offer, such as lipstick at £8 and nail polish at £5. Not crazily expensive, but level with well known actual make-up brands. Fashion brand's make-up ranges, in my opinion, never tend to be that successful. I can't name one that I have ever found particularly good. River Island's nail polish lasted all of a couple of hours before I looked like a crazy woman with chipped nail varnish, and New Look make-up is just not pretty, or wearable.

So I have high hopes for the Topshop range, and hope that they have put as much thought, care and quality in to it as they do for their clothing. If it works then Topshop will have successfully diversified in to another field - good news. However I do not believe that this will bring in new customers to the stores, simply encourage current ones to spend a little bit more when they shop with well advertised "pick-ups".



No comments:

Post a Comment